Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So This is Goliath

Orginially Written: October 3, 2o08

Sometimes--most times, in fact--I wish that I had faith like David's. He was the poster-child for pure, unrelentless faith; just study the book of Psalms for your proof. His soul is always finding joy in the Lord, and when he is sad, he seeks solace in God. I know in my heart of hearts that I should rejoice in the Lord for all things, but I find it so difficult, when things are going wrong, to rejoice.

Yet, the expert Psalmist had the ability to do it. His son betrayed him and was later killed, but David wrote a Psalm of rejoicing in the Lord. With the Lord's strength, David defeated a giant. I find myself struggling to climb the mountain that is school. He defeated a GIANT with only a sling and a stone. Maybe his is the faith that I should have!

I know that God didn't make me David for a reason, and I know that I will never physically face a giant in combat, but I've come to realize just how I should grow in my fraith. So from now on, I will. I can't guarantee that my faith will be perfect, but I -will- grow.

No comments: